Wednesday, December 31, 2014

How To Get the Best Twist Out Ever On Type 4 Hair


This blog post was brought to you by Urban Prestige, visit the website (click here) for cute hair accessories and jewelry like the one pictured in the photo below! <3


Although I do not believe in hair typing, i chose to put "type 4 hair" in the title because a lot of people go by that method of distinguishing hair. I do believe if i followed that chart, my hair would be type 4 (all of them lol). Now to get on to the real reason of this post, I must first tell you that I did this on stretched hair!

This is my hair before washing, all stretched out and detangled. My hair is cut into a bob with 13 inches in the front and 9.5 inches in the very back. (p.s. i did not realize that something was on my lens, so it's blurry, sorry!)

To stretch my hair I put twist in my hair after washing it. Twists dry faster than braids, and they allow enough stretch so that I keep the volume. To make sure my twists dry in time, i do about 6 per section of hair. I section my hair in 4, two in the front, two in the back. So in total I had about 24 twists! For each section I twisted using a coconut olive oil mix and Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner."

The next morning I retwisted my hair using the following products:

- Clear Eco style gel
- Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner" (Leave in)


I did not wet my hair!! The gel is "wet" if that makes sense, and replaces the water. I did this to cut down drying time and keep the stretch that my hair naturally has! While twisting I bantu knot or the ends to make the curly! You can use a perm rod to make it easier, but i do not have any so i use this method instead.



My hair actually set within an hour or two, however I left it in over night so that it could last a few days.

Tell me what you think in the comment section below! Would you like a video to see a visual of how i did these steps? Tell me in the comments.

Bryanna Greene (Owner)
Urban Prestige
www.urbanprestigeclothing.com

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/urbanprestigestore
Instagram: www.instagram.com/urbanprestigestore

No comments:

Post a Comment